WINGS Opportunity: Programs Coordinator
WINGS is a worldwide membership association dedicated to strengthening philanthropy and the culture of giving around the world. WINGS membership is composed of associations of grantmakers, philanthropy support organizations, philanthropic networks and academic institutions working in more than 40 countries. Together they are supporting close to 100,000 philanthropic institutions worldwide.
WINGS members and the global philanthropy community need cutting edge knowledge services and sound support to enable their work towards strengthening the field’s capacity, efficiency, impact and sustainability.
While registered as a public charity in the USA, WINGS’ office is located in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
WINGS Programs Coordinator
Working under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Programs Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing WINGS programs and managing day-to-day activities of most program activities. She/He will keep a birds-eye view of the program operations, monitor and report on progress and evaluation. The Programs Coordinator will collaborate with other members of the staff who are involved in programs and communications. She/he will ensure sound coordination and articulation.
Areas of coverage include Knowledge Management, Learning and Sharing, Strategic Communication, Advocacy and Thought Leadership. WINGS’ main programs currently include: publication of reports about global philanthropy; development of evaluation framework and other relevant tools for philanthropy support organizations; dissemination of information, case studies, innovations and best practices; dialogue facilitation and capacity building to strengthen philanthropy infrastructure in regions where it is emerging; SDGs framework dissemination; development of a culture and practice of data collection and sharing; enabling environment for philanthropy program: track changes globally, collaborate with key actor and global civil society networks, mobilize WINGS network.
Main areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with members, key partners, and committees to:
- understand their knowledge management needs,
- improve and update the existing members´ profiles,
- collect, organize and disseminate data on philanthropy,
- produce reports and carry out other research projects.
- Maintain and develop WINGS Knowledge Center.
- Organize international peer learning events, online meetings and webinars.
- Coordinate communication activities: support the design and implementation of the institutional communication strategy; in collaboration with other staff members, monitor day-to-day communication activities, ensure the website is updated, contribute to content development for the website and communications channels.
- Support Membership Coordinator to survey members´ learning interests and needs.
- Increase awareness of WINGS´ mission and position the organization as a thought leader and key stakeholder in infrastructure for philanthropy.
- Prepare project proposals and reports, as needed.
- Represent WINGS at international conferences, seminars, exhibitions, etc., when deemed necessary.
This is a full time position based in Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil with immediate occupancy. A successful candidate will have the following:
- Fluency in English, including solid writing skills, and working knowledge of Portuguese.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of team; strong interpersonal ability.
- Global mindset: openness to and awareness of cultural and geographic diversity.
- Self-motivated with solid organizational skills to manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge of practices, trends, and emerging issues relating to philanthropy and civil society.
- Strong analytical skills. Experience in quantitative and qualitative research is an important asset.
- Experience in advocacy and knowledge of enabling environment for philanthropy and civil society issues is also an asset.
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience abroad, or working with international partners, would be appreciated.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and database systems. Knowledge of website maintenance, latest information technology, social media and online meetings is welcome.
- Valid residence permit to work in Brazil, valid passport and availability to travel internationally.
- MA degree.
How to Apply
To be considered, please submit a cover letter, a résumé and your salary expectations, as PDF attachments by e-mail to Rebecca Soragni email@example.com by April 20th. Consideration will begin as soon as applications are received, and the position will remain open until filled.